CINCINNATI HAMILTON & DAYTON RAILWAY. This is a Vintage piece of Railroad History made by THE ADAMS & WESTLAKE COMPANY for the CINCINNATI HAMILTON & DAYTON RAILWAY. This lantern is marked THE ADAMS AND WESTLAKE COMPANY CHICAGO NEW YORK C. The first PAT'D Date is MAY 28,1895, Last Date JAN. The brass burner is marked ADLAKE PATD.
APRIL 27,1909, in good working condition. The extended clear glass globe is etched C.
Ry, it has no cracks and some small chips around rims. Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railway (18461917). From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railroad. Interior of a Pullman dining car on the Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railway, 1894.
Map of the C H and D RR in 1873, D and M RR is in red; C H and D in yellow. That existed between its incorporation on March 2, 1846, and its acquisition by the. This railroad should not be confused with the. Cincinnati, Hamilton & Dayton Railway.
An Ohio interurban of exactly the same name which existed between 1926 and 1930. It was originally chartered to build from.
A distance of 59 mi (95 km); further construction and acquisition extended the railroad, and by 1902 it owned or controlled 640 mi (1,030 km) of railroad. The CH&D in Lima, Ohio.
Map of the CH&D in 1896. The original CH&D was founded by John Alexander Collins, who was born on June 8, 1815 in Staffordshire, England. He came to the US as a child in 1825, and worked as a locomotive engineer until moving to Ohio in 1851 to open the CH&D. Collins remained with the line until 1872, six years before his death in.
Where his tombstone details his life and its work. On May 1, 1863, the CH&D leased the.In 1891, it acquired the. Cincinnati, Dayton and Chicago Railroad.
While in March of that year it added the. Cincinnati, Dayton and Ironton Railroad. In 1886 the CH&D was among the railroads controlled by the financial speculator. Before his spectacular collapse the following year. The Detroit and Michigan was the second railroad to reach Lima, Ohio, reaching there in 1858.
By 1880, they had established a significant shop facility on the north side of town with over two hundred employees. Successor CH&D built a larger structure on the site, which continued to be used by the Baltimore and Ohio at least into the 1950s. The passenger depot followed a similar pattern, but was located farther north, between East Wayne Street and the Pennsylvania Railroad tracks. The item "CINCINNATI HAMILTON & DAYTON RAILWAY LANTERN THE ADAMS & WESTLAKE COMPANY 1895" is in sale since Wednesday, August 29, 2018.This item is in the category "Collectibles\Transportation\Railroadiana & Trains\Hardware\Lanterns & Lamps". The seller is "railcarhobbies" and is located in Timber Lake, South Dakota.
This item can be shipped worldwide.